Watching Owen and Eva interact. Eva is so loving towards her brother—almost violently (in a nice way) loving. We are constantly telling Eva, “gentle hands”, but it’s hard to convince her to be less aggressive when Owen is all smiles as his big sister tries to roll him around the bed.
Watching Eva’s imagination. Who would have thought that toy wooden cookies make for perfect train wheels? Or that cotton wool tips are perfect for painting colourful fireworks?
Despite the lack of having a “real” Winter in Australia, Eva is curious and a little obsessed with talking about snow and Christmas for that matter. Most of our books have the seasons centred around the Northern Hemisphere, such as our favourite In the Town All Year ‘Round, which is why I love the Australian focused book All Through the Year. So despite it being Winter, Eva is expecting Christmas to come soon, but is just waiting for it to start snowing…
Using cloth nappies again. It’s hard going from disposables to cloth. Yes, modern cloth nappies are much easier than they use to be, but just not as convenient. So now my laundry pile just got a little bigger, which takes me to …
Having to do laundry every night. I haven’t seen the bottom of our laundry basket in months.
Tantrums, iPads, and sleep deprivation. There have been too many days that we are not proud of as parents. Days where Eva has spent way too much time in front of a screen. Days where she is feeling rough and I am feeling rough and it is just too difficult to deal with the toddler tantrum, so I hand her the iPad. But at least these days are becoming less common as I am finally starting to find my routine as a mother of two. Instead we bake cookies, or do crafts or go to the park on a playdate. And those days are so much better.
- myworldmytrue likes this
- mylittllovely likes this
- lostwithoutthem likes this
- krisatopia likes this
- awesomefuturemommy reblogged this from happinessiseva
- mimixu likes this
- rubiliciousdelicious likes this
- eva-2023 likes this
- justus-3 likes this
- umlayla211112 likes this
- joeypadua likes this
- inspiredlittlelady likes this
- everything-inlove likes this
- raisingthr3egirls likes this
- ourtwolittlemonkeys likes this
- mybabywishlist likes this
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- littlebritches86 likes this
- oneofourown likes this
- mydevansh likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- medisproject likes this
- beachbaby271 likes this
- clementinesandmonkeys likes this
- sweet-spot-photography said: I hear ya on the laundry!
- sweet-spot-photography likes this
- juliasramalho said: I’ll have to say. You have like, mini copys of you and John. They’re more beautiful every day!
- juliasramalho likes this
- becomingvictoriajane likes this
- nousverrons likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- cartwheelsintherain likes this
- caseydaggett likes this
- litvanilla likes this
- twintasticfour likes this
- the--kel--smith likes this
- thislittlefeeling likes this
- happinessiseva posted this
HAPPINESS IS EVA
3rd Birthday Party